Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thanksgiving Kitchen Settings

The holidays are a time for family, fun and food. Especially Thanksgiving. Most of us celebrate with a big family dinner. So the perfect accents for the table are Thanksgiving accessories for the meal.

I like to use placemats, salt and pepper shakers as well as a great centerpiece and even serving dishes that work well for Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving dinner table is always the hit of the family, with kids and grown-ups alike.

The Big Table for Thanksgiving


In my family, not only do we bring together all the local folks, but many from out of town as well. Two of my daughters and their families live in different parts of the country so they often visit for the holidays. Many times bringing friends along with them. That means my table is big.

The family age range is now 3 year-old to 86 year-old, with just about everything in between. So I like to set the Thanksgiving table with plenty of decorations for everyone. Some cute and whimsical things for younger set, along with the more serious things for the older set.

Arranging the Centerpiece


With the size of my table, there is room to use a nice centerpiece. But, I don't want it too big, to take over space that is needed for food. So I like to have the centerpiece that can be used for holding serving dishes as well. Yes, I've even been known to use an edible centerpiece, usually dessert type items.

My favorite thing to do is to set one of my Thanksgiving placemats in the center of the table, then add in a small, not too tall, arrangement of Fall leaves spilling out of small container. Then smaller serving dishes can be set on the edges of the placemat.

Celebrating Thanksgiving with the Table


Everything about Thanksgiving is a celebration, so make sure your own table is part of the fun. Add in the kind of accents that will set the tone for your own big Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment