Monday, October 20, 2014

Easy Decorating with Throw Pillows and Blankets

Easy decorating is my favorite way to decorate my home. I'm one of those types that likes to change
things around for the seasons, holidays and suit my latest whims. But I can afford to do anything major. That's where my fun comes in.

I like to use accessories and accent pieces to create the effect I want. Decorative pillows and throw blankets are so easy to use to make those great changes. I will do something as simple as cover the back of my couch with a throw blanket, or afghan, then add a coordinating decorative pillow to the corner of the couch. Presto, instant change.

These are also very easy and inexpensive ways to try out a new theme. You have a new theme in mind for your home decor, but you're just not sure if the effect with the colors is really what you want. Test it out. Pick a blanket and throw pillow in your theme and color scheme. Try them out in different parts of the room you want to change. See how it looks to you. If you don't get that wow factor, it's probably not the best look for you.

What I love about these simple additions is that they often give me ideas for a better way to create the theme or effect I'm looking for. Maybe I'm not quite thrilled with the whole effect of a beach look, but I find that tans and blues are a color combination I like. This gave me the opportunity to try out the theme without committing lots of money and time.

Seasonal decor is also easy with throw pillows and blankets. Just a few additional pieces and I have the look that I love for Spring, Fall, Christmas, even Halloween. This is really easy decorating at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment