Monday, September 22, 2014

Vintage Italian Home Accents

Call me crazy if you want, but I love the look of vintage Italian for my home decor. The colors are warm and welcoming. I think the look opens up my home to my guests, but also to me. And that's an important factor in all the rooms of my house.

I want to feel good every time I walk into a room. That's what a vintage Italian look gives me. I add plenty of accents to achieve the look. For me, it's not about expensive redecorating. Not repainting or adding wall paper, but doing the little things that will make a big difference.

Themes, like vintage Italian are easy to create with accessories like throw pillows, lap blankets, a wall clock, a poster or two on the walls and a few table decorations. You really can do lots more if you like, or prefer, but the few simple additions can make your theme easy to create.

With a vintage Italian theme for your home decor, toss a decorative throw pillow on the corner of the couch, maybe one on a side chair. Then hang one or two travel posters on the walls behind your couch or chair. Place a wall clock with a vintage Italian theme in a convenient place. I like to add a throw blanket on the back of the couch to help with the theme.

Working with the color schemes that are natural in your theme can help with accent pieces. In the vintage Italian look there are lots of yellows, beiges, and even blue. Try adding a simple dried flower arrangement in one or more of these colors to add to your home decor. These small accents will do a great job of pulling your theme together.

No comments:

Post a Comment