Monday, November 17, 2014

Adding Holiday Accents to Home Decor

With the holidays coming, I like to find new and unique ways to decorate my home for Christmas. But, it's got to be easy decorating for me. That's why I like the accents and accessories for home decor.

I'm really not good at doing too much work to get a new look for my home. The same is true for holiday decor. Decorative pillows are favorite things for me to use to add accents in my home. The Christmas pillows tossed casually on the couch or side chair can be just what's needed.

Another favorite addition is holiday throw blankets. Lap quilts, afghans, woven blankets all work great to add a bit more decor without much effort. Here's my best trick for creating a new effect for the holidays. I lay a Christmas throw blanket over the back of the couch. I position it so that most of the design is visible. Then I tuck a complementary pillow in the corner of the couch.

For me, they don't have to match. The Christmas time look is enough. For my sister, it's a different holiday throw blanket on the back of her couch, then adds two matching pillows on either side of the couch.
story. She likes to have matching effects. She puts an elaborately designed

I'm not afraid to bring outdoor holiday decorations into my home. So things that can work for the fence or a stair railing outside can also work well inside behind a side table or along the stair case.

It's the little accents that can make a big difference in any kind of decorating, so I like to use little accents and accessories where ever I can. And yes, sometimes I go a bit overboard. But, I can always put a few things away to save for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment