Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Using Quilts to Create a Vintage Bedroom Theme

OK, put together these 3 fun facts. I love quilts, vintage is a great style for decorating, and blue is my favorite color. That probably explains why I love these vintage blue quilts for bedroom decorating. To me, they really set the perfect tone.

While vintage is typically a style of decorating, vintage can also be a theme when you get specific about what type of vintage you like. Blue vintage - ideal. Anything in a bedroom from a by-gone era is symbolized by a quilt. Either on the bed or folded and hanging from a quilt stand.

Quilts in general can work with just about any kind decorating style or theme. Yes, even modern has fabulous quilt designs. You can believe me on that. I have been designing and making quilts for years. And I have made some very modern looking quilts.

But when you talk about a decorating theme or style that uses vintage or antique, quilts tend to lend themselves well. Then add in my favorite color of blue and you have a great style for me to enjoy starting with vintage blue quilts.

When I look to either decorate or redecorate any room in a house, I start with the largest or most expensive pieces. For a bedroom, the bed is the biggest piece. I don't want to replace the bed - too expensive. But, replacing the bedding is easier and cheaper. That's where a vintage blue quilt can be the perfect starting point.

From there, other vintage accent pieces or blue accent pieces can be added to create the theme or look that I want. Once I have the bed ideal for the new decorating, everything else is simpler to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment