Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Country Kitchen Theme Accessories

A country theme in the kitchen is a popular one. And for good reason. I personally love the idea of recreating the world of my grandmother. In her big country kitchen, I was a happy kid. Her kitchen was always warm and inviting. A place I loved to be in.

So it's natural that I want to have a country kitchen myself. I want my own kitchen to be warm and inviting. A place I love to be in. But, to be honest, I don't have a big budget to redo my kitchen. I do have a big country oak table already. Which makes the rest of my country kitchen decor easy.

Accessories to Create a Country Kitchen Theme


I'm adding simple accessories to my kitchen. Those simple accessories are the ones that will create my country kitchen theme. Some of those accessories will be functional as well as decorative. Well, most of them will be. Like a canister set.

Like most of us, I need more storage space in my kitchen. A country canister set works great to give me a little more storage space. And the set looks great sitting on my counter. That's one thing that's both functional and decorative.

But, I add more. Like a floor rug or mat. Right in front of my sink, that place where I stand way too often, I want a comfort mat. Not the ugly black things found in restaurants and commercial buildings, but a decorative one. A country rooster look makes a great addition for both decorative and functional floor mats.

Table Linens as Well


OK, yes, I have a beautiful country oak table in my kitchen. Which means that I want to accent that effect with my table linens. Certainly, I don't want to hide the table with a full cloth. So I use place mats. Maybe a table runner, or just a great country centerpiece. But the country place mats make a great effect.

Sometimes, I add matching cloth napkins for the country look. Other times I set out solid color napkins in an accent color. For any kitchen, using the table and the table linens will carry the look of the theme around the kitchen. And that's what we want in our country kitchen. Warm and inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment