Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Decorating the Bathroom in Owl Decor

Kids and adults alike consider owls to be a fun way to decorate a bathroom. I do have to agree. An owl theme is a great one for bathroom decor.

But, easy bathroom decorating is my favorite. I don't like to repaint, re-wallpaper, or replace fixtures. So I redecorate with the accessories and extras in the bathroom. That's my kind of decorating.

With an owl theme, you have a choice of going with a whimsical look for the owls, or a realistic one.  Of course, realistic owls are beautiful, but I prefer the fun look of the whimsical ones in a bathroom. So that means the owl accessories that I chose are a cute, sometimes cartoonish look. The effect is sweet.

Bathroom accessories include things like owl soap pumps, toothbrush holders, even bathroom cups. But bath accessories aren't the only extras. There are also things like cute owl tissue box covers, towels and floor mats or rugs.

Then we have the fun of working on the walls. Anything can end up being part of the wall decor for an owl theme bathroom. One of my favorite things to do is to hang a small wall shelf. Then I can put several little owl accessories on it and create a sweet focal point. Try a wall clock above the shelf and you can have an easy way to make great wall decor in your theme.

When it comes to any kind of room decor, I like to think horizontal and vertical. Horizontal for all the things that sit on top of something, like the vanity, toilet tank, back of the tub, table tops, and that kind of thing. Then vertical carries the visual appeal from the floor up the walls.

So think horizontal and vertical when you start thinking about your own bathroom decor theme. Then have some fun with an owl theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment